Before coming to the hospital
- Do you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms? Please contact your doctor before coming to the hospital.
- Are you in home quarantine of COVID-19 positive? Please contact your treating doctor at UZ Leuven before coming to the hospital.
- Are you returning from a foreign red zone? Read the guidelines.
To avoid over-crowding in the reception hall, registration for consultations and functions tests will go through the mynexuzhealth app.
- Download and configure the mynexuzhealth app before coming to the hospital.
- Register via the mynexuzhealth app as soon as you're near the hospital.
- After registering you can go directly to the waiting area of your consultation. You won't have to pass the registration kiosk or the registration staff at the registration desk.
If you do not have a smartphone, you can register at the registration desk or kiosk in the lobby.
Escorting a patient
If a patient is unable to come to his appointment on his own, 1 healthy escort (over 18) can come to the hospital with him and accompany him to the appointment. Children stay at home.
Patients younger than 18 will be escorted by one parent (person older than 18). The patient's brothers or sisters cannot come along.
- No escorts are allowed at dentistry (Sint-Rafaël campus). The escort can wait in the 'reception waiting zone'.
- In the surgical day center and for oral, jaw and face surgery (Sint-Rafaël campus), the escort can wait in the 'waiting zone yellow' of the service.
The escort can accompany the patient up to door, but is not allowed in at:
- burns unit
- surgical outpatient clinic A and B
- nuclear medicine
- oncologic outpatient clinic