For registration at the hospital
- Electronic identity card or international passport
- Home telephone number, plus the telephone number of a contact, relative or neighbour
- Name of your GP and any home carers
If applicable, please also bring:
- Hospital insurance card or payment confirmation
- Payment undertaking by the OCMW/CPAS or any other entity contributing to your hospital invoice
In case of a work accident, also bring the following informationg.
- Name and address of your employer
- Name and address of the insurance company of the employer
- Policy number
- Date of the work accident
We will then send the invoice to the insurance provider of your employer.
For registration of children under the age of 12
Bring one of the following documents for the registration of your child:
- Electronic identity card of the person under whose health insurance the child is covered
- The child’s ISI+ card
- A certificate confirming the child is awaiting an ISI+ card
- The child’s kids-ID
For your medical care
If applicable in your case:
- Letter from your GP or referring physician
- Results from previous examinations and X-rays
- ‘Kind en Gezin’ health booklet (for children)
- All medication you take at home, preferably in their original packaging
- Blood group card
- Vaccination card
Please also ask your attending physician whether you are allowed to eat and drink before your registration.
For your stay
- Comfortable clothing and underwear
- Personal toiletries, towels and washcloths
- Closed-toe slippers or shoes with sturdy anti-slip soles to prevent falls
- For children: a familiar (cuddly) toy
On some wards, and at the Pellenberg campus, patients usually wear normal clothes during the day. If you need to attend regular physiotherapy sessions, we recommend you bring comfortable sports clothes.
What should you leave at home?
Large sums of money, jewellery or other valuable objects are best left at home.