What to bring upon your admission

Always bring your eID and contact details of your next of kin and your GP. Read what else you should bring for a smooth admission, what to bring for your child and what to do in case of an occupational accident.

For your registration

  • Electronic identity card or other valid proof of identity.

Are you unable to present a valid identity document when registering? In that case, from 1 April, you will receive the full hospital bill yourself and must contact your health insurance fund for reimbursement.

This is a legal regulation that also applies to children under 12.

Valid proof of identity are eID, electronic foreigner card, ISI+, Kids-ID, certificate of loss or theft of Belgian eID, certificate of socially insured person (pending ISI+ card), international passport.

  • Home phone number, or that of a contact person, relative or neighbour
  • Name of family doctor (GP) and any home care providers

If applicable to you, also:

  • Insurance card or payment agreement from a hospitalisation insurance company
  • A payment commitment from a Public Centre for Social Welfare (OCMW/CPAS) or other agency intervening in the hospital bill.

Also check with your treating physician whether you need to come to registration with an empty stomach.

For your stay

  • Comfortable clothes and underwear
  • Personal toiletries, towel and flannels
  • Closed slippers or shoes with sturdy non-slip soles to prevent falls
  • Own headphones or earphones. Please note: connecting your headphones to the bedside screen is only possible with a cable (jack plug), not with bluetooth.
  • For children: familiar toy or cuddly toy

On some wards and at the Pellenberg campus, it is customary for patients to wear plain clothes during the day. If you regularly attend physiotherapy, comfortable sportswear is recommended.

Occupational accident

In case of an occupational accident, please also bring the following information:

  • Name and address of your employer
  • Name and address of your employer's  insurance company
  • Policy number
  • Date of the occupational accident

We will then send the invoice to your employer's insurance provider.

Costs not covered by occupational accident insurance can still be presented to your hospitalisation insurance can still be presented to your hospitalisation insurance.

For the registration of your child under 12 years of age

To register your child, bring one of the following documents:

  • Electronic identity card of the person with whom the child is a dependent of the health insurance fund
  • ISI+ card of the child
  • Attestation pending the child's ISI+ card
  • Child ID of the child if you have one

For your medical care

If applicable to you:

  • Letter from your GP or referring doctor
  • Results of previous examinations and radiographs
  • For children, the health booklet from "Kind en Gezin" (Child and Family)
  • All medicines you take at home, preferably in their original packaging
  • Blood group card
  • Vaccination card

What not to bring

It is better to leave large sums of money, jewellery or other valuables at home. Do not leave your personal belongings such as your smartphone or wallet unattended in your room. Store them in the locker. If you leave the room for procedures or examinations, you can give the key to the locker to a nurse for safekeeping. The hospital is not liable in case of loss or theft.

You are not allowed to bring electrical appliances with you such as kettles, coffee machines, fans, etc. Only appliances that are strictly necessary for personal hygiene (electric toothbrush, shaver, hairdryer) will be allowed.

Read more about fire safety
Last edit: 23 February 2024