Compile the file
The following are mandatory for a valid application:
- Cover letter of the investigator
- Protocol (+ summary)
- Method of recruitment - Recruitment material
- Information and consent form, patient documents
- Suitability/competence of the principal investigator/promoter by means of CV
- GDPR questionnaire
- Contracts/ financial agreements.
E.g. Clinical Trial Agreement, Material/Data Transfer agreement, Confidentiality agreement, contract access KWS, etc.
If relevant for your study, the following components are also submitted:
- Suitability of the facilities/agreement involved supporting services
- Proof of “no fault” insurance
- Simultaneous submission to the FAMHP:
Written declaration that the study has been simultaneously submitted to the EC and the FAMHP.
- Info of local ECs + proof of simultaneous submission to the local ECs
Prepare the file
Only one file per component can be uploaded.
Do you have several files per component? Group them in a compressed folder (zip-file).
Submit the study
When you start your application, you need to complete the whole process.
Do you have all the components?
Pay the study
The contributions are legally laid down according to the Royal Decree of 15 July 2004. Indexed amounts are applicable from 01/01/2020.
Provide the following data to EC Research on submission of the study:
- Invoicing address (preferably an address in Belgium)
- Name of contact
- PO number (Purchase Order), if applicable
- VAT number
You will receive an invoice from the Financial department of UZ Leuven (with payment reference).
Payment is only possible upon receipt of an invoice of the Financial department.
Supplement/modify the study
Finalise the study
The sponsor reports the end of the trial to EC research according to the provisions specified in Article 21 of the Act of 7 May 2004:
§ 1. The sponsor shall inform the competent ethics committee in case of a monocentric experiment and the ethics committee competent for the single opinion in case of a multicentric experiment about the end of the experiment and this within a period of 90 days after the end of the experiment. [..]
§ 2. The 90-day period shall be reduced to 15 days if the experiment has to be terminated prematurely. The notification must clearly specify the reasons for the premature termination.
The end of a study must be notified to the EC Research through submission of a cover letter. The following information needs to be described:
- whether or not the research will be terminated prematurely (with specification of the reasons if premature).
- when the inclusion of subjects is closed (at local level or in all participating centres), when the last visit of the last patient took place (at local level or in all participating centres), etc.
Within one year after termination of the study, a Clinical Study Report (CSR) needs to be submitted to the EC with a summary of the results.