Since the corona pandemic, ‘tele consultations’ have made it possible to stay in touch remotely with the attending physician, both via phone or via video. Since 1 August 2022, there is a new structural framework for these remote consultations, where patients only have to pay a personal contribution.
Just as with physical consultation, the patient pays part of the amount for a remote consultation: a personal contribution (remgeld).
- Patients with normal healthcare insurance, pay a personal contribution of 2 euro for a phone consultation and 4 euro for a video consultation.
- Patients with an increased concession pay a personal contribution of 1 euro.
Reimbursement of the remote consultation is only possible if the following criteria have been met:
- The consultation takes place at a doctor the patient has seen before or a specialist the patient has been referred to.
- A remote consultation is only possible at the request of the patient and after agreement of the doctor.
- During the consultation, the doctor has to have access to the patient record.
Last edit: 30 September 2022