Benefits for the mother
- Breastfeeding is beneficial for your mood and creates an intense bond with your baby.
- It also boosts your self confidence.
- Breastfeeding allows you to more quickly familiarise yourself with your baby’s habits.
- Mothers who breastfeed experience a faster and smoother post-partum recovery.
- Breastfeeding is a free and easy way to feed your child: everything you need is at hand and your milk is always at the correct temperature.
- Studies suggest that prolonged breastfeeding reduces the women’s risk of developing pre-menopausal breast and ovarian cancer.
Benefits for the baby
- Breastfeeding protects your baby against respiratory, gastrointestinal and ear infections, among others.
- Your breast milk is always perfectly designed to meet your baby’s nutritional needs.
- Breastfed babies are less likely to become overweight later in life.
- Breast milk supports the optimal development of your infant’s brain and nervous system.
- Breastfeeding lowers the risk of sudden infant death syndrome in babies.
- Your breast milk exposes your baby to a wide variety of flavours.
- Breastfeeding prevents against orthodontic problems by supporting good jaw and tooth development in babies.
Last edit: 25 August 2021