Are you ill on the day of your planned surgery? Or do you have a fever? Immediately warn the operating theatre: call 016 34 30 01.
Preparation at home
- You have to be sober, because you will be undergoing surgery under general or partial anaesthetic.
- Make sure to think about bodily hygiene: take a bath or a shower on the morning of the surgical procedure. Don't use body lotion afterwards.
- It's preferable to wear comfortable clothes that you can take off and put on yourself.
- Remove all make-up, nail varnish, jewellery, hair pins, piercings and contact lenses.
To the hospital
Parking Oost is the recommended parking for your appointment in the operating theatre.
To the operating theatre with admission lounge
- Check in at the registration deck in the reception hall of Access East (toegang Oost).
- Follow the directions to the operating theatre (a walk of approximately 10 minutes), which you well get when you register.
- Check in at the operating theatre at the reception desk and take a seat in the waiting area. 1 person can escort you up to here.
When it is your your turn, the nurse from the operation theatre will come and get you and will escort you to the admission lounge.
To your room to the one-night stay (ENV)
After your surgery it is possible that you will be brought to your room after a couple of hours. It is however also possible that you have to stay in the one-night stay (ENV) ward. Read more about the ENV.
Complete procedure (in Dutch)
Want to know more about the ward?
The information on this page applies for every hospital ward. More information about specific arrangements, services and contact details you can find on the page of the ward.