It is essential that all research at KU Leuven and UZ Leuven takes place within a strict ethical and legal framework. National and international ethical guidelines and/or legal regulations exist with regard to all forms of research (biomedical, but also social scientific). This applies in particular to research involving the human person.
For this reason, all master's theses within the Biomedical Sciences group are subjected to an ethical review procedure.
If, depending on the answers to the questions in the decision tree (SCONE-tool), you're advised to submit the project to EC Research, this is the only possible route if you wish to carry out your project. If an evaluation by EC Research is required, the study should first be submitted to the CTC and then to EC Research. As explained elsewhere, submission to EC Research is only possible after validation by the CTC, where the financial and legal aspects are checked first.
The protocol drawn up based on the OBC template is best used as the research protocol for submission to CTC and EC.
Please note that the master's thesis may only start following receipt of a final favourable opinion of the EC Research UZ/KU Leuven.
The submission to CTC/EC contains:
- CV of the promoter (KU Leuven)
- if applicable for study, GCP certificate promoter
- application (protocol)
- if applicable: ICF (preferably in separate document)
- if applicable: internship contract concluded with the external organisation
- if applicable: filled out agreement KU Leuven with external organisation https://www.kuleuven.be/studentenvoorzieningen/juridischedienst/studiestage/overeenkomst.html
Submit the study
Please submit your request via email@example.com.