The passage between central Leuven and the Gasthuisberg campus via Mgr. Van Waeyenberghlaan is temporarily unavailable.
You can reach the Gasthuisberg campus via the Leuven inner ring road, Tervuursesteenweg and Berg Taborweg.
Inner ring road
Coming from the inner ring road, you can reach the Gasthuisberg campus via Tervuursesteenweg and Berg Taborweg.
Leaving the campus via the inner ring
From the Gasthuisberg campus you can reach the Leuven inner ring road via:
- E314 entry Gasthuisberg (16).
- Leave E314 via exit Winksele (17).
- Take Brusselsesteenweg in the direction of Leuven.
Leuven outer ring road
From the Leuven outer ring road (successively Mechelsepoort and Brusselsepoort), take the Gasthuisberg campus exit.
Leaving the campus via the outer ring road
To leave the campus again via the outer ring (successively Tervuursepoort, Naamsepoort, Parkpoort, Tiensepoort), take the ramp to the Leuven ring.
Coming from the motorway, take the Gasthuisberg (16), Winksele (17) or Herent (18) exit on the E314.
Gasthuisberg exit (16)
After leaving the motorway, take the access road to the Gasthuisberg campus. Stay in the right lane and take the second exit at the roundabout.
Exit Winksele (17)
By bus or train
Leuven train station is approximately four kilometers from the hospital. Buses run regularly to and from the Gasthuisberg campus.
The final stop is near the main entrance of the hospital.
For the most recent info, visit the De Lijn website.
Buses through the city centre
You can reach the Gasthuisberg campus via buses that run through the centre of Leuven.
These buses also stop at Sint-Pieter campus and Sint-Rafaël campus.
The buses through the centre depart from Leuven station on platform 2.
There are also 2 lines that run via the Leuven ring road to the Gasthuisberg campus. These buses do NOT stop at Sint-Pieter campus or Sint-Rafaël campus.
- At Leuven station on platform 12, take the outer ring bus (line 600) to drive to the Gasthuisberg campus. The campus is the first bus stop after the station.
- At the Gasthuisberg campus, take the inner ring bus (line 601) to drive to the station. The station is the first bus stop after the campus.
On foot or by bike
The Gasthuisberg Campus can be easily reached by bike or on foot:
- via the centre (Mgr. Van Waeyenberghlaan)
Due to roadworks in Mgr. Van Waeyenberghlaan, cyclists need to follow the signs via Herestraat and Kaboutermansstraat.
Pedestrians can pass through the construction site via Sint-Jacobsplein and Mgr. Van Waeyenberghlaan.
- via the Leuven ring road coming from Herent
- via the cyclist bridge over the E314. For safety, the traffic at the entrance and exit is controlled with traffic lights.
There is a covered bicycle stand; it is located diagonally opposite the main entrance.
Need help with transportation?
Patients who do not have a means of transport to travel to and from the hospital can use a patient transport service.
Please contact your health insurance provider for more details.