+32 16 34 66 85 - working days from 8 to 16 hrs
You can't make it? Cancel or move your appointment.
- Reduced blood supply
- Constriction of the blood vessels leading to the penis, e.g. as a result of arteriosclerosis.
- Leakage of too much blood from the corpora cavernosa.
- Reduced innervation, as in diabetes patients and after surgery in the small pelvis:
- Prostate surgery
- Bowel surgery
- Hormonal causes: reduced libido ("desire") can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Psychological causes (e.g. relational problems, performance anxiety, problems at work, ...)
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Insufficient exercise
Below you will find a number of possible treatment for this disorder. After the diagnosis your physician will, in consultation with you and the other physician of the team, choose the best solution for you. Your treatment can therefore differ from the therapy/ies suggested below.
- Support from a sexologist or urologist in case of bij psychiatric or relational problems.
- Intracavernous injections (e.g. with papaverine) to stimulate erections, in case of problems with innervation.
- Implantation of a penile or erectile prosthesis
Examinations and diagnosis
In case of (suspicion of) this disorder we will run one or more tests.