+32 16 34 36 60 - working days from 8 to 17 hrs
Only with a medical prescription
For this examination you need a prescription from your physician. Bring the prescription with you on the day of the examination.
- You have to be nil-by-mouth for a CT scan: as of four hours before the examination you're not allowed to eat, drink or smoke.
- For the following CT scans you don't have to be nil-by-mouth, unless specifically requested:
- Upper- and lower jaw
- Body fat measurements
- Limbs and joints (skeletal system)
- Vertebral column
- Warn the nurse before the examination about the following:
- Asthma or allergy
- Reactions to contrast fluids in previous examinations
- Pregnancy (or suspicion of)
The examination will take about an hour and a half. The CT scan will approximately take 15 minutes.
- Before the examination you will be given contrast fluid to drink. Additional contrast fluid can be administered intravenously in your arm.
- You position yourself on the examination table (usually on your back).
- X-ray pictures are taken while you move through a wide tunnel.
- When the images are being taken, you have to lie quietly and hold your breath for a little while.