- Reference: 1854
- Apply before 31/05/2020
UZ Leuven (UZL) is a leading European centre with a strong reputation for medical excellence, developmental medicine and clinical research.
The Pathology department is part of UZ Leuven hospitals, situated 20 km from Brussels and providing 2,000 beds. The pathology department provides a high degree of clinical activity in all areas of medical care. All staff members have a specific focus area, combining first-class clinical care with translational and fundamental scientific research.
We are looking for a medical staff member and are able to offer an interesting opportunity to the right candidate with a specific expertise in the field of lung-, gynecopathology and cytology.
- You will be responsible for the lung-, gynecopathology and cytology in collaboration with Prof B Weynand and Prof A-S Van Rompuy.
- You will replace both during their holiday and conference leave.
- You will be part of the pathology duty team at UZ Leuven.
- You will supervise pathology residents.
- You will perform fundamental, translational or clinical research in the field of gynecopathology, in close collaboration with the clinical departments and the UZL Biobank.
- You have a medical degree recognised in Belgium or the European Union and a specialist qualification in pathology.
- You have obtained a doctorate or are willing to embark on a PhD programme.
- You are interested in participating in the student teaching programme at the Faculty of Medicine.
- You have an interest in high-quality scientific research – fundamental, translational or clinical.
- International clinical and/or research experience is an advantage.
- You are able to work innovatively and with a focus on quality in clinical care.
- Within a positive spirit of interdisciplinary collaboration, you are a strong team player, build constructive relationships and possess strong communication skills.
- In terms of people management, you are able to manage, inspire and continually develop staff members, or are willing to develop these competences.
- You speak Dutch or are willing to learn Dutch.
- 80% part-time job
- A challenging role in an exciting and complex hospital organisation, with a high level of responsibility and ample scope for professional development.
- An attractive employment package including numerous fringe benefits.
Contact Professor Dr Birgit Weynand, Head of the Pathology department, and/or the Chief Medical Officer of UZ Leuven for further information about the vacancy and the departmental structure and future plans.
Send your application letter together with your CV, quoting reference number 1854, to UZ Leuven, marked for the attention of the Chief Medical Officer , Professor Dr Gert Van Assche, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium, or by e-mail to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org