Within the Radiation-Oncology department of the University Hospital Leuven we have an opportunity for a Clinical fellow position.
The radiation oncology department, established in our tertiary university hospital, is one of the biggest facilities in Belgium. Our department has 2 CT simulators, 5 linear accelerators with IGRT and SGRT (1 of which for stereotactic treatments). We also have a protons facility and a brachytherapy unit.
This concerns 80 – 100% employment.
What your position involves:
- You will work in clinical care as a radiation oncologist.
- You give part-time training to fellows in training and interns for everything that falls within their training objectives and curriculum.
- You receive part-time training in advanced techniques within radiation oncology. A specific care programme in which you want to skill yourself further can be discussed.
What we ask
- You obtained a diploma as a doctor and specialist in radiation oncology or will soon get this (at a EU-hospital or with EU-recognition).
- You are enthusiastic, ambitious and eager to learn and prepared to work in clinical care in a quality focused and innovative way.
- You like working in a team.
- You have good communicative skills and a flexible work attitude.
- You have a good communication in spoken and written Dutch (at least B2 level).
- You have an interest in scientific research and publications. Published scientific publications or holding a PhD degree can be of added value but are not necessary.
What we offer
- A challenging position in an interesting hospital setting with responsibility and professional development opportunities.
- You are appointed at the level of a senior assistant.
- The contract is for one year with a possibility to extend with a second year.
- After successfully completing a two-year course, KU Leuven issues a certificate.
Mail your letter of application with your curriculum vitae, with specification of reference number 2068, before 30 June 2022 to the Chief Medical Officer, Prof. Dr. Gert Van Assche (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the head of Department, Prof. Dr. Jean-François (email@example.com).
For more information about this vacancy please contact Prof. Dr. Jean-François Daisne, (tel +3216346902).
Do you want more information about working at UZ Leuven? Take a look at our website.