- Reference: 1845
- Apply before: 29/02/2020
University Hospitals (UZ) Leuven strives to set the benchmark in patient care, training and research. We play a leading role in Belgium and Europe, a position we intend to consolidate and build on further. To enable us to achieve this, we have more than 9,000 motivated staff who bring their expertise to bear on a daily basis. UZ Leuven was the first Belgian Hospital to be awarded the international JCI-label, guaranteeing safe, high-quality healthcare.
We currently have a job opportunity for a medical staff member endodontology, in the Department of Dentistry.
The Department of Dentistry strives to deliver the best possible care for all patients with its strong multidisciplinary team of experienced clinical professionals.
Our aim is to be among the top centres for oral health care through our prominence in clinical excellence, training and scientific research.
As a reference and training centre, and building on our educational mission, patient care is a permanent focus for critical self-evaluation, while UZ Leuven works closely with the Biomedical Sciences Group in order to promote the development of the training of medical and paramedical professionals.
As a medical staff member in endodontology, you will be responsible for the organisation, further growth and supervision of the endodontology discipline, as well as the contribution to the General Dentistry department.
This position incorporates three main activities:
As a medical staff member you are able to work with a focus on quality and innovation in order to offer excellent specialized care. You possess the appropriate attitude to work with specific patient groups.
You are interested in scientific research and you wish to actively contribute in the domain of endodontology. You publish articles in leading journals.
Education and training
You are willing to give theoretical and practical training to students of Dentistry and Master-after-Master Specialist Oral Health Care (Endodontology). You organize training programmes for dentists as part of Continuing Education in Oral Health.
- In a positive spirit of interdisciplinary collaboration and patient-driven healthcare, you establish constructive relationships and exhibit strong communication and teamwork skills.
- You possess organizational skills and are able to set priorities and maintain structure when working under stress.
- You share the vision of UZ Leuven as a specialist international centre of expertise.
- You will represent your discipline within UZ Leuven and KU Leuven, professional organisations, the National Institute for Health and Disability Insurance (RIZIV/INAMI) and the Federal Health Agency.
- You maintain or develop new collaborations with national and international organisations in the field of endodontology.
- You are responsible for the organisation of the Endodontology specialist training programme.
The successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to treat his/her own private patients during dedicated consultation hours within the University Hospitals.
- You are licensed as a General Dental Practitioner in Belgium.
- You have received additional training in endodontology in accordance with the requirements of the European Society of Endodontology (ESE).
- You obtained a doctoral degree following a public defence of your thesis.
- You have a thorough knowledge of current treatment protocols in dentistry, advanced diagnostics and treatment techniques in endodontology.
- You are a qualified trainer on the General Dentistry postgraduate training programme, or you are willing to obtain this qualification before the starting date.
- A good knowledge of English is a requirement and a command of the French language is an advantage.
- You are communicative in your relationship with your colleagues, students and staff.
Candidates who do not speak Dutch are expected to have acquired a sufficient knowledge of Dutch within two years (ILT level 5) to enable them to provide services and teaching in this language.
- An interesting, complex hospital organisation which presents continuous challenges in your day-to-day work.
- An attractive employment and remuneration package with many fringe benefits.
- Following a successful probationary period of 12 months and a positive evaluation, you will become a tenured member of the medical staff in the Department of Dentistry, offering the prospect of an additional academic appointment.
Send your application letter together with CV, quoting vacancy number 1845, before 29/02/2020 to:
UZ Leuven, General Management, marked for the attention of the Chief Medical Officer Professor G. Van Assche, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
UZ Leuven, Department of Dentistry, marked for the attention of Professor Guy Willems, Kapucijnenvoer 7 block a - box 7001, 3000 Leuven, Belgium, or by email to email@example.com.