The Department of abdominal transplant surgery and transplant coordination at the University Hospitals Leuven (UZ Leuven), Belgium, has an open position for an Abdominal Transplant Surgeon.
Clinical responsibilities include abdominal organ procurement surgery, transplantation and in- and out-patient care of transplant recipients.
Teaching responsabilities include training of students, registrars and transplant fellows (UEMS accreditation of the department pending).
The department has a clinical and translational research programme in the field of ischemia-reperfusion and preservation of livers and kidneys, and in intestinal transplantation. Laboratory and facilities for animal research are available.
Competency profile and general requirements
- You are a board-certified (general) surgeon, holding a diploma that is or will be recognised in Belgium.
- You have completed an American or European Transplantation Fellowship.
- You are an experienced (independent surgeon for at least 5 years) procurement and multi-organ transplant surgeon (liver, kidney, pancreas).
- You are UEMS-accredited for transplantation surgery (Modules I-IV) or you can demonstrate equivalent experience.
- You have a strong interest in clinical and/or translational and/or basic transplant research.
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch or are willing to learn Dutch.
This position is a mid to senior career, tenure-eligible position.
A fascinating and complex hospital organisation o?ering continuous challenges for your professional expertise.
For more information:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +32 16 34 87 27 (26)
- Fax: +32 16 34 87 43
Candidates will be invited for an interview in April.