This refers to a parent spending the night in the room of a young patient on all the nursing units in the paediatrics ward, in nursing units with special rooms with rooming-in facilities and on other wards for patients up to six years of age.
- 13,26 euro for 1 night.
- 16,46 euro for 1 night with breakfast.
For other meals the parent is preferably advised to use the cafeteria.
Facilities on the Sint-Pieter campus, E 732, level 3
The accommodation facilities provide a number of single and double rooms for the family and close friends of patients. The family accommodation facilities are an alternative to 'going home' and not for admission to hospital.
The entire operation is undertaken by a group of volunteers who take responsibility for the day-to-day functioning of the facilities and act as hostesses. They are part of the voluntary sector at UZ Leuven.
Facilities on Pellenberg campus
Please make reservations and book in at reception. You can call reception on 016 33 83 65 between 7.30 am and 8.30 pm. More information about guest accommodation is also available from Reception.
The rooms are located in the grounds of the hospital itself, in a block set back a little from the hospital buildings. There are five double rooms and eleven single rooms, four of which have a telephone. The rooms are on the second floor (there is a lift). Sheets, blankets and towels are provided. There are two common bathrooms, a kitchenette with coffee making facilities and a common room with a television on the floor. You are given a key to the room.
- EUR 10 per person per night, including bed linen and towels.
- Children aged under 6 years: EUR 5 per person per night.
- Children aged under 2 years: free of charge.
- No meals are provided. In general, the accommodation is charged to the hospitalisation account of the patient. Exceptionally it is possible to pay cash. Please contact Reception about this.