Frequently asked questions
- Follow the signs to campus Gasthuisberg the arrow P West.
- From the road interchange follow the signs to 'screening corona'.
- Enter the parking lot.
- Take a ticket at the barrier. You can exit the car park with the same ticket after the screening.
- Follow the signs to 'Screening corona'.
LPG vehicles and vehicles higher than 2,6 meters
- Park outdoors at parking Oost (follow the signs P Oost).
- Take the route for other road users.
Are you on foot or on the bus?
- Enter the hospital at the reception hall.
- From there follow the arrows 'Toegang West' and then the arrows 'Screening corona'.
- The walking time up to the screening station is approximately 15 minutes.
Are you on your bike?
First park your bike in the bike stand West.
Follow the signs to 'Screening corona'.
You can also park your bike in bike stand East. Then take the route for pedestrians and bus users.
No. Screenings at UZ Leuven are only possible for patients scheduled for an UZ Leuven appointment or procedure that requires a test.
You can't take a test on your own initiative. Contact your GP or go to one of the triage centres.
Duration: +/- 10 minutes
- Wear a mouth mask.
- Have your ID card ready.
- Turn the engine off when you're in the queue.
- Stay in the car.
- We will let you know when it is your turn.
- A care worker will take a swab from your throat and nose.
- You return home.
You will be contacted by phone if you've tested positive for COVID-19. The attending doctor decides whether the admission or examination can continue with the necessary safety precautions or whether to postpone it for several weeks.
In case of negative test result, you will not get a telephone call, and you can come to the hospital at the appointed time.
The result of your test will also be available in the app mynexuzhealth.
Proving that you are vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19, is only possible with the vaccination or recovery certificate via the CovidSafeBE mobile app. You can also download the certificate from the Mijngezondheid website.